Safe Church Training
All people working with children, youth or at-risk adults must have a background check and Safe Church Training. Contact George Sherrill about your background check. You have many options for Safe Church Training. The choices are listed below:
- Live Training: February 24, 12:00 – 5:00 PM, Guild Hall
- Online Safe Church
- Re-certification: If you have previously completed in-person Safe Church or online training in the Diocese of Southern Ohio, you should have a record on file and should be able to print a certificate. If the certificate has expired, you can renew the certificate following the re-certification instructions below. You may need to call the Praesidium help line listed below to receive updated login information. You simply tell them your name and the church name and will be given login information to use to complete the recertification. Re-certification must be repeated a minimum of once every five (5) years. It will be the responsibility of the individual to keep his/her training certificate current in order to comply with Safe Church Policy expectations. Re-certification is available online and consists of one (1) training module: Abuse Prevention Refresher. This module takes about 20 minutes to complete.
- To complete the Abuse Prevention refresher, log in to your account in Praesidium. http://diosohio.org/safe-church-training/
- Choose Abuse Prevention Refresher. Make sure to print a copy of your certificate and give it to George Sherrill, save a copy of your certificate when you have completed the module and send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the diocese may update our records. The Abuse Prevention Refresher certificate will only be accepted for individuals with a record of previously having completed either live training or all required modules of online training. http://diosohio.org/safe-church-training/recertification “Praesidium Help: If you still need assistance, we are more than happy to answer your questions or assist you with a course. Our team is available Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Central Time. 1-817-801-7773”
- Online Safe Church training through the Diocese of Southern Ohio http://diosohio.org/safe-church-training/ Online training is available when you are new and is self-paced. You can enroll and access the training through the DSO Learning Portal. To access the learning portal, you will be required to register before beginning. Once you have registered, you can log-in and complete the required lessons.
- All Seven Modules must be completed: Meet Sam ; It Happened to Me ; Keeping Your Church Safe ; Policies of Diocese of Southern Ohio ; A Day at Day Camp ; Preventing Sexual Exploitation for Ministries ; Preventing Sexual Exploitation for Congregations ; Certificate Verification
- Progress and completion for participants in Online Training are recorded automatically by Praesidium. You will be required to save and upload a copy of your certificate to the Learning Portal when you have completed the required modules. You should print a copy and give it to George Sherrill.
- Please direct any questions you may have to staff liaison Sherri Martin at email@example.com or 800.582.1712 ext. 105.
- Alternative Certification
- Virtus Course certificate
- Certified School Teacher Child Abuse Training (submit certificate signed by principal of school or trainer)
- Diocesan Safe Church in-person training: June 1, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM, $10.00 OR September 7, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM. In-person Safe Church training will be offered three times in 2019 at the Procter Center from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM. There is no charge for Safe Church training, but trainings held at the Procter Center require a $10 lunch fee, payable either online or on day of training. Complete information about Safe Church training in the Diocese of Southern Ohio can be found at http://diosohio.org/safe-church-training/. Please direct any questions to Sherri Martin at 800.582.1712 ext. 105 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.