We are thrilled to be offering a VBS program this summer. We cannot wait to see your children at VBS! This year our theme will be Knights of North Castle: Quest for the King’s Armor. This VBS program invites children to be strong in the Lord and in the strength of God’s power by exploring how we put on the armor of God. Kids will take on the role of brave Knights and begin their quest each session by opening the King’s Book. They’ll explore Old and New Testament stories and discover different pieces of protective armor — the Belt of Truth, the Breastplate of Justice, the Shoes of Peace, the Shield of Faith, and the Helmet of Salvation — at work in the lives of familiar Bible characters, and explore how that armor works in their own lives as they follow and serve God.
We have developed the following COVID safety protocols to make VBS as safe as possible for your children.
1. Four- and Five-year-old children will be strongly encouraged to wear masks, but masks will not be required. Children entering first – third grade will be required to wear masks if indoors. 2. Children will stay in pods grouped by age. Pods will not interact unless they are outdoors. 3. The youngest children (4’s and 5’s, entering first grade) will be in an indoor classroom in the nursery school. Entering second and third grade children will meet outside.
4. Music class will be outside for all children.
5. Activity stations will include music, Bible story, snack, outdoor recreation, craft, and mission/ outreach. There will no movement in the building. The children will stay in their classroom and the activity teachers will travel to them. Children will travel to activity stations outdoors.
6. Volunteers- All teen and adult volunteers will be strongly encouraged to be vaccinated before participating in VBS.
7. Children will be grouped by age in class groups. The class groups will not interact with each other inside the building, but may interact with each other outside.
8. Drop off and pickup will be either outside in a designated location by pod or at the outdoor classroom door for the youngest children.
9. We will have a daily well child check, but we will not temperature screen. Any reply of yes will exclude the student from VBS for the day.
a. Is the student experiencing cough, difficulty breathing, fatigue, body aches, chills,
headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting
b. Does the student have a fever of 100.4 or greater?
c. Within the past 10 days has the student had a positive COVID test or been diagnosed
with COVID or have they been tested for COVID and are waiting for test results?
d. In the past 2 weeks has the student been exposed to someone with a diagnosed or
suspected case of COVID?
10. We reserve the right to send home any child that we suspect is ill.
11. In case of severe inclement weather such as very heavy rain, lightening or very strong winds, we will come into the building with each pod assigned to a classroom. If we experience light rain, we will stay outside in tents.
If you have any questions or concerns about VBS, please contact Jennifer Taylor via email
(email@example.com) or phone (513) 561-6805 ext. 307.
Director of Children and Family Ministry
Indian Hill Church
(513) 561-6805 ext. 307